Windows Basic example - 001
Click here to download the source code for this tutorial
NOTE: I don't know why here the Dev project file fails includind intrepid-gl.o when openning the project... just click OK in the error message and re-include the archive following this tutorial that everythings going to be ok!
Please check out our download section for dependencies list
- Open Dev C++
- Create a project
- Write the source code of your game (like the main.cpp file of the example)
- Add the libgame.h and intrepid-gl.o to your project
- Go to Project, Project Options
- Click on files and then select intrepid-gl.o
- Enable the Include in Linking option
- Now, click on parameters and set the Linker like this:
-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_ttf -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lzdll
- Now click OK and you are ready to compile your project!
Here, in Dev C++, we used the file intrepid-gl.o with the .o extension because this is the extension that Dev C++ use by default when compiling the source-code. I have noticed that wxDev C++ use .obj extension, so, for the ones who use wxDev C++, just rename intrepid-gl.o to intrepid-gl.obj
If you have any troubles, ask your questions in our forum. I hope this tutorial helped...